Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dajana

Default date in a text cell

I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have
a regular date format in a text cell.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If you format the cell as Text, then you'll have to type in what you
want--exactly the way you want to see it.

If you don't format it as text, you could type the date in anyway that's a date,
then use a custom format of:

dd-mmm-yyyy

(format|cells|number tab|custom category)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Assuming date in C1......

="My birthday is on " &TEXT(C1,"dd-mmm-yyyy")

Gord Dibben Excel MVP