Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve

Default Cell export to Text File?

Is it possible to export information in cells to a text file?
Where each cell would be a line in the file?

Would it be possible to make a button do this if it is at all possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ScottO

Try saving as filetype CSV.
Rgds,
ScottO

"Steve" wrote in message
| Is it possible to export information in cells to a text file?
| Where each cell would be a line in the file?
|
| Would it be possible to make a button do this if it is at all
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve

Yes that is the file type I can use, and I know I can save a sheet as csv
..txt file.

But I guess i wasn't clear with my question.

Is it possible to take click on a button and export or write to a .txt file
without using "save as" so that you can continue to work in the original
file?

"ScottO" wrote:

Try saving as filetype CSV.
Rgds,
ScottO

"Steve" wrote in message
| Is it possible to export information in cells to a text file?
| Where each cell would be a line in the file?
|
| Would it be possible to make a button do this if it is at all
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Yes.

Maybe you can glean something from these examples:

Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
www.smokeylake.com/excel
(or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

Chip Pearson's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

J.E. McGimpsey's:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

Steve wrote:

Yes that is the file type I can use, and I know I can save a sheet as csv
.txt file.

But I guess i wasn't clear with my question.

Is it possible to take click on a button and export or write to a .txt file
without using "save as" so that you can continue to work in the original
file?

"ScottO" wrote:

Try saving as filetype CSV.
Rgds,