Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table question

Hello,

I have the following pivot table :

Continent Country Sales
__________________________
Europe France 100
Spain 200
Italy 300
Asia Japan 100
China 200

I understand that "Europe" and "Asia" do not get repeated on lines 2,3
and 5 because they act as a kind of "header" for the countries.

But the purpose of my table is to do an extraction, that will be later
used for data manipulation. Therefore I need all lines to have all
elements, something like :

Europe France 100
Europe Spain 200
Europe Italy 300
Asia Japan 100
Asia China 200

Is there a parameter in Pivot tables that will let me do this ?
Thanks
Antoine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

As answered in microsoft.public.excel:

The row headings show once in a Pivot Table, and there's no setting you
can change, to force them to repeat.

To create a table with a heading on each row, you could copy the pivot
table, paste it as values in another location, and fill the blanks,
using the technique shown he

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

Perhaps you could use a GetPivotData formula to extract the data, and
you won't require the repeated headings. There's information he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List