Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJM

Default Arrow Keys No Longer Work in EXCEL

The arrow keys no longer work properly in Excel. I used to be able to
move left/right/up/down with the arrow keys. Now, every time I hit an
arrow key the whole sheet moves. I noticed that the solution for this
on the PC is that the scroll key is locked. I have a MAC - hence no
scroll key (i believe). Any thoughts???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Press Scroll Lock one more time

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"RJM" wrote in message
ups.com...
The arrow keys no longer work properly in Excel. I used to be able to
move left/right/up/down with the arrow keys. Now, every time I hit an
arrow key the whole sheet moves. I noticed that the solution for this
on the PC is that the scroll key is locked. I have a MAC - hence no
scroll key (i believe). Any thoughts???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJM

On the MAC there is no scroll key to hit.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

AHA!
No similar functionality, maybe through software?
Sorry I can't help you any further here!

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"RJM" wrote in message
ups.com...
On the MAC there is no scroll key to hit.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Palmer

I don't know if this is related to your problem, but I made an
interesting discovery.

When I had a macro linked to a text box, the arrow keys stopped working
after the "Exit sub" line was reached.

When I had the macro linked to a button, the problem was no longer
encountered.

I would prefer it to be linked to a text box as it can be made to stand
out more than a button.

Sincerely

Jim Palmer

--
Jim Palmer
Jim Palmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5210

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Palmer

Thanks for the suggestion.

I had suspected that the problem required the sheet to be re-activated,
however I'm still experiencing the same problem after inserting
"Range("A1").Select before the exit sub line.

answer = Application.VLookup(UPCCode, myRange, 3, False)

' If the vlookup function returns #na because the UPC code is not in
the file then display
' a message and end the program

If IsError(answer) Then
Range("A1").Select
MsgBox ("The UPC code entered is not on file. Try searching by
vendor part # or description")

Exit Sub

End If

Regards