Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Computer Man 678

Default up down arrows not working after protecting sheet

I created a spreadsheet using Excel 2003. I turned the "lock" feature OFF for
all cells to the left of column K, but Row 1 for Col. A to I are kept
"locked". Next, using "tools", I turned on the "protect sheet" feature. Now
I'm able to edit the unlocked cells OK but the UP and DOWN arrows on the
keyboard are not working properly.

When I press the UP or DOWN arrow keys, instead of moving the cell selector
to the cell above or below the current cell, the cell selector goes to Row 1
of Column J (that cell is not locked). The only way to move the cell selector
from that point is by using the mouse to select the cell. By the way, the
MOUSE and the RIGHT and LEFT arrows work as expected. Also, using TOOLS
OPTIONS, changing the way the cell selector works after pressing ENTER does
not work. I selected to have the cell selector move down after pressing ENTER
but the cell selector moves to the right after pressing ENTER. When I remove
the "protect sheet" feature everything works as expected.

I have spent many hours experimenting with this problem but cannot find an
answer. I have tried holding down other keys (example: SHIFT) while pressing
the up/down arrow keys but no success. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Computer Man 678

I solved my own problem, I'm posting it here to help others with a similar
problem.
2) Now do the following: TOOLS PROTECT SHEET check "Select lock cells"
AND "Select unlocked cells". You MUST check both options for the
UP/DOWN/ENTER keys to work properly.