Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
khushee

Default plz help in to creat formula of excel

hello to all
i want to discuss my problem with you related to MS excel.

i want to know or find out formula of excel which can help me in such a
way....

i want to make grade point of my college students in such a way..
for example....

marks grade point average

50 1
53 1.3
60 2
68 2.8
70 3
76 3.6
80 4
84 4
89 4
90 4
98 4
100 4

this is example

the student who get 50 marks the GPA will be 1
and who get 80 marks or above 80 the GPA should be 4

GPA should not less than 1 or grator than 4
please tell me the formula so that i can make this GPA

thanks a lot

--
khushee
khushee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29349

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
duane

if your table is in cells a1:b12 then

=vlookup(cell with mark,a1:b12,2,true) will give you the corresponding
gpa

cell with mark is whatver cell has the mark (ie 66) in it

--
duane

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11624
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490572

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

All you've got to do is adjust your existing datalist to account for marks
below 50, and you can also eliminate those above 80, and then place it in an
out-of-the-way location of your sheet.
Say Y1 to Z7:

Y Z
1 1
53 1.3
60 2
68 2.8
70 3
76 3.6
80 4

With your marks being entered in A1, try this formula:

=LOOKUP(A1,$Y$1:$Z$7)

You can copy down if need be.
--
HTH,

RD

"khushee" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Without using a table for the lookup values.

=LOOKUP(A1,{1,53,60,68,70,76,80},{1,1.3,2,2.8,3,3. 6,4})

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 11:25:39 -0600, khushee
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Thanks RD