Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tjw1313

Default How can I get an age using todays date and date of birth?

I'm using a spreadsheet where I need ages listed. Is there a formula that
can be used to compute the age if I use todays date and date of birth? So
far I am not having any luck. Thanks for any help you may provide. I am
using Excel 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eddie O

assuming the birthdate is in cell A1
=YEAR(NOW())-YEAR(A1)

"tjw1313" wrote:

I'm using a spreadsheet where I need ages listed. Is there a formula that
can be used to compute the age if I use todays date and date of birth? So
far I am not having any luck. Thanks for any help you may provide. I am
using Excel 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eddie O

Actually, I don't think that last formula will work under certain
circumstances. You should check out the DATEDIF formula in excel help. For
the "end date" part of the formula, use TODAY() which will dynamically put
in today's date.

"tjw1313" wrote:

I'm using a spreadsheet where I need ages listed. Is there a formula that
can be used to compute the age if I use todays date and date of birth? So
far I am not having any luck. Thanks for any help you may provide. I am
using Excel 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tjw1313

Dave Peterson - Thank you! The web site you suggested worked great!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Take a look at Chip Pearson's site for =DateDif()
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--

Dave Peterson