Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mikeburg

Default Suspend calc of formula using a non-existent sheet

I have the following formula in cell K6 of a sheet:

=SUMIF(DailyChargeLastMo!B$6:B$88,"="&A6,DailyChar geLastMo!D$6:D$88)

However, until I create the sheet DailyChargeLastMo I get a reference
error for cell K6 as well as all other cells with formulas using data
from K6.

Is there a way to make the above formula in K6 work only when the sheet
DailyChargeLastMo is created?

Thanks for any & all help. mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24581

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cvolkert

Here's one that I think will work, maybe not the best solution though .
. .

=IF(ISERROR(SUMIF(DailyChargeLastMo!B$6:B$88,"="&A 6,DailyChar
geLastMo!D$6:D$88)),0,SUMIF(DailyChargeLastMo!B$6: B$88,"="&A6,DailyChar
geLastMo!D$6:D$88))

Let me know if this doesn't work of if you're looking for something
different - Chad

--
cvolkert
cvolkert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24380

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Perhaps try an error trap which returns zero as the value_if_true (as there
are downstream cells pointing to K6):

Put instead in K6:

=IF(ISERROR(SUMIF(DailyChargeLastMo!B$6:B$88,"="&A 6,DailyChargeLastMo!D$6:D$
88)),0,SUMIF(DailyChargeLastMo!B$6:B$88,"="&A6,Dai lyChargeLastMo!D$6:D$88))

--
Rgds
Max

I have the following formula in cell K6 of a sheet:

=SUMIF(DailyChargeLastMo!B$6:B$88,"="&A6,DailyChar geLastMo!D$6:D$88)

However, until I create the sheet DailyChargeLastMo I get a reference
error for cell K6 as well as all other cells with formulas using data
from K6.

Is there a way to make the above formula in K6 work only when the sheet
DailyChargeLastMo is created?

Thanks for any & all help. mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489662

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mikeburg

Works great. Thanks so very, very much. mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24581
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489662

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback !
Chad, the other responder, and I thought alike
(But his thoughts came through first <g)
--
Rgds
Max