Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JonnieP

Default count if gone past today

Hi

I have a large spreadsheet that i use to track works that have an expiry
date, which is always in a specific column, and i need to count how many jobs
have gone over that date.

So far I have a countif statement that allows me to see the jobs that are a
maximum of 7 days past today(due to restrictions in the amount of statement i
can use). So, for example =COUNTIF('sheetname'!H:H,(TODAY())-1) and then -2,
-3 etc.

I'm sure there is an easy way of doing this and will not be limited to 7
days, so please help.
Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Jonnie

I don't really understand why you are limited in the amount of statements,
but anyway, one way round it would be to put the number of days overdue in a
cell, e.g. A1
Change formula to
=COUNTIF('sheetname'!H:H,(TODAY())-A1)
As you change the value in A1, so the count will vary.

Regards

Roger Govier