-   -   Can see the text but can not print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/57943-can-see-text-but-can-not-print.html)

Gordon

Can see the text but can not print

I got a worksheet from someone.
One of the line with text in it. It shows in the print preview. But
shows blank on the print out. How can I print this line?

TIA.

Dave Peterson

Can see the text but can not print

Developers can't distinguish between printing and previewing.

If it shows up in the preview, but not the paper, then I'd look at the
printer/printer driver as the problem.

Maybe it's time to get a new printer driver from the manufacturer's site--or
even just test it on another printer.

--

Dave Peterson

Gordon

Can see the text but can not print

Thanks Dave. It prints on a different printer.
By the way, is there a method in Excel to display the text of a cell on
screen but not to print?

Dave Peterson wrote:
Developers can't distinguish between printing and previewing.

If it shows up in the preview, but not the paper, then I'd look at the
printer/printer driver as the problem.

Maybe it's time to get a new printer driver from the manufacturer's site--or
even just test it on another printer.

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Can see the text but can not print

You change the format of the cell right before it prints.

Either change the font color to match the fill color (white on white???) or you
could change the numberformat to: ;;; (just 3 semicolons).

I think that the easiest thing to do is to create a dedicated macro that would
change the format, print the sheet, and then change the format back.

Kind of like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Range("d10:f15").NumberFormat = ";;;"
.PrintOut preview:=True
.Range("D10:f15").NumberFormat = "General"
End With

End Sub

Ron de Bruin has some more sample code at:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm