Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tech lead

Default pivot Table Newbie

I have '03, '04 & '05 sales data, with the following column headings:

"Customer Inv Date Item # Qty Price Total"

I have sorted the source data first by Customer and then by Inv Date.
The Inv Date is in the following format; mm/dd/yyyy.

I need total sales by customer by year. I can do a basic Pivot Table
and sort it so that it gives me a listing by customer in descending
order of total (aggregate of 3 years) sales.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to subtotal sales by year.

Hope this isn't too confusing - any help would be appreciated!!!

--
tech lead
tech lead's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28862

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rowan Drummond

In the Pivot Table right click int he Invoice Date field. Select "Group
and Show Detail" then select "Group". In the By box click on Years (make
sure nothing else is highlighted). Click Ok. You should now have your
totals by years.

Hope this helps
Rowan

tech lead wrote:
I have '03, '04 & '05 sales data, with the following column headings:

"Customer Inv Date Item # Qty Price Total"

I have sorted the source data first by Customer and then by Inv Date.
The Inv Date is in the following format; mm/dd/yyyy.

I need total sales by customer by year. I can do a basic Pivot Table
and sort it so that it gives me a listing by customer in descending
order of total (aggregate of 3 years) sales.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to subtotal sales by year.

Hope this isn't too confusing - any help would be appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tech lead

Rowan,

Wow! How easy was that?!?!

Thanks!!!

--
tech lead
tech lead's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28862
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489308

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rowan Drummond

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

tech lead wrote:
Rowan,

Wow! How easy was that?!?!

Thanks!!!