Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chipmunk

Default Right Click Fill Color

Is it possible, to have a "right mouse click" option and it bring up in the
menu various fill colors?

What I need to happen, is throughout a spread sheet certain cells are
changed often (only 1 of 3 colors) I understand that there is an option to
select from multiple colors on the toolbar, but some sort of short cut would
work better.

Or even a spiral or dropdown in the cell to select a colors. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

C,
That... "option to select from multiple colors on the toolbar"... can be
displayed on your spreadsheet. Click the down arrow on the button
and then at the very top center of the color palette, click and drag the
palette onto the spreadsheet.
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Chipmunk"
wrote in message

Is it possible, to have a "right mouse click" option and it bring up in the
menu various fill colors?

What I need to happen, is throughout a spread sheet certain cells are
changed often (only 1 of 3 colors) I understand that there is an option to
select from multiple colors on the toolbar, but some sort of short cut would
work better.

Or even a spiral or dropdown in the cell to select a colors. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chipmunk

Not really what I was looking for. I was wanted something similiar to a
right click & paste. Only, right click & red fill cell color.

wrote in message

Is it possible, to have a "right mouse click" option and it bring up in the
menu various fill colors?

What I need to happen, is throughout a spread sheet certain cells are
changed often (only 1 of 3 colors) I understand that there is an option to
select from multiple colors on the toolbar, but some sort of short cut would
work better.

Or even a spiral or dropdown in the cell to select a colors. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

C,
The following code will add or remove the color palette on the
cell right-click menu...
'------------------------------
Sub AddSomeColors()
With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
.Controls.Add ID:=1691, befo=1
.Controls(2).BeginGroup = True
End With
End Sub

Sub RemoveSomeColors()
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls("Fill Color").Delete
End Sub
'---------------------------------
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote in message

Is it possible, to have a "right mouse click" option and it bring up in the
menu various fill colors?
What I need to happen, is throughout a spread sheet certain cells are
changed often (only 1 of 3 colors) I understand that there is an option to
select from multiple colors on the toolbar, but some sort of short cut would
work better.
Or even a spiral or dropdown in the cell to select a colors. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

And if you stick Jim's code in the Thisworkbook module they will run when you
open the workbook and close it.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
.Controls.Add ID:=1691, befo=1
.Controls(2).BeginGroup = True
End With
End Sub

Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls("Fill Color").Delete
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP