Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Irv K.

Default How do I find an Excel spreadsheet opened as attachment in Outlook

Using Outlook 2000...I received an e-mail with an Excel spreadsheet as an
attachment. I opened it and spent a great deal of time adding information
before I closed it. I thought I had saved it. When I went back into Excel and
tried to call up the file via the list of most recent files accessed, it said
the file could not be found. I have spent a great deal of time searching for
the file with no success. I did read that Outlook attachments are saved in
the Temporary Internet Files when opened but I have not been able to get to
it by looking in that area. How do I locate the file and will the information
I added be incorporated in it? If I can't access the information there, is
there another way to recover the data I entered in Excel? Any assistance
would be appreciated greatly.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You may get lucky--or it may have been cleaned up...

Open Windows Explorer
rightclick on the C: drive
choose properties
Then on the General tab, click the Disk Cleanup tab
Then select the Temporary Internet files from the Disk Cleanup tab
Then click the View files

You'll see a bunch of funny named folders there. Search through each one
looking for your file.

Maybe sort by date modified (when in detail mode)???

--

Dave Peterson