Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
johnwilliams

Default Multiple Windows

I have just moved desks and am encountering a slight problem with Excel!
I need to have multiple spreadsheets open at the same time. To switch
between them I'd normally just use Alt+Tab and jump between windows.
However, when I open multiple sheets now, I have to use the Window
drop-down.

Any idea how to change it so that each spreadsheet gets it's own button
on the task bar? It makes me sound really idle but I'm literally doing
this 100s of times a day!

Many thanks,

John Williams.

--
johnwilliams
johnwilliams's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28558

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try Tools/Options/View/Windows in Taskbar.

Andy.

"johnwilliams"
wrote in message
news:johnwilliams.1z7byn_1133172602.3368@excelforu m-nospam.com...

I have just moved desks and am encountering a slight problem with Excel!
I need to have multiple spreadsheets open at the same time. To switch
between them I'd normally just use Alt+Tab and jump between windows.
However, when I open multiple sheets now, I have to use the Window
drop-down.

Any idea how to change it so that each spreadsheet gets it's own button
on the task bar? It makes me sound really idle but I'm literally doing
this 100s of times a day!

Many thanks,

John Williams.

--
johnwilliams
johnwilliams's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488633

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
johnwilliams

Thanks for the advice. Still running Excel 97 so nothing there! Should
have said in my initial post!

Thanks again.

--
johnwilliams
johnwilliams's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28558
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488633

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

xl2k added the windows in taskbar.

But you can use ctrl-tab to swap between workbooks/windows open in that session
of excel.

Alt-tab swaps between applications.