Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jimbob

Default Counting Pos and Neg #'s

I have column with numbers that are both pos amd neg. I want to add up
all the pos #'s and divide by that number by the number that they occur
and do the same with neg #'s.

So if all pos# add up to 23.18 and pos #s occur 75 times I would be
dividing 23.18 by 75. And so on. Thanks again.

--
jimbob
jimbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Hi,
How about this:
=SUMIF(A1:A10,"<0")/COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<0")

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

=sumif(a:a,"0",a:a) will total all the positive values; =countif(a:a,"0")
will tell you how many there are. So =sumif(a:a,"0",a:a)/countif(a:a,"0")
will give you the average of all the positives.
--Bruce

"jimbob" wrote:

I have column with numbers that are both pos amd neg. I want to add up
all the pos #'s and divide by that number by the number that they occur
and do the same with neg #'s.

So if all pos# add up to 23.18 and pos #s occur 75 times I would be
dividing 23.18 by 75. And so on. Thanks again.

--
jimbob
jimbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29107
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488491

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dana DeLouis

Hi. Here's one way:

=SUMIF(Rng,"0")/COUNTIF(Rng,"0")

=SUMIF(Rng,"<0")/COUNTIF(Rng,"<0")

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"jimbob" wrote in
message ...

I have column with numbers that are both pos amd neg. I want to add up
all the pos #'s and divide by that number by the number that they occur
and do the same with neg #'s.

So if all pos# add up to 23.18 and pos #s occur 75 times I would be
dividing 23.18 by 75. And so on. Thanks again.

--
jimbob
jimbob's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488491

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dana DeLouis

....or the Array formula:

=AVERAGE(IF(Rng0,Rng)) - (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"Dana DeLouis" wrote in message
Hi. Here's one way:

=SUMIF(Rng,"0")/COUNTIF(Rng,"0")

=SUMIF(Rng,"<0")/COUNTIF(Rng,"<0")

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"jimbob" wrote in
message ...

I have column with numbers that are both pos amd neg. I want to add up
all the pos #'s and divide by that number by the number that they occur
and do the same with neg #'s.

So if all pos# add up to 23.18 and pos #s occur 75 times I would be
dividing 23.18 by 75. And so on. Thanks again.

--
jimbob
jimbob's Profile:
View this thread: