Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jimbob

Default Help!

I have a bunch (over 100) of text files that I want to convert into
Excel format and save in one Workbook. I can open one of these files
with Text Import Wizard and save with no problem, but I am dumbfounded
as to how to add the other files. Everytime I open a new text file with
the Text Import Wizard, the existing file disapears. The files I'm
trying to import have stock data in this format:

Date | Open | High | Low | Volume

Like I said I can open any one of these with no problems, but I just
can't figure out how to add them to the existing file as a new
worksheet. I want one Workbook with each stock on its own Worksheet.

--
jimbob
jimbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

After you've got a file open, right-click on the worksheet tab and select
"Move or Copy", and use the drop-down to select either a new workbook (after
the first import) or the workbook you're compiling with all the worksheets
(after subsequent imports).

"jimbob" wrote:

I have a bunch (over 100) of text files that I want to convert into
Excel format and save in one Workbook. I can open one of these files
with Text Import Wizard and save with no problem, but I am dumbfounded
as to how to add the other files. Everytime I open a new text file with
the Text Import Wizard, the existing file disapears. The files I'm
trying to import have stock data in this format:

Date | Open | High | Low | Volume

Like I said I can open any one of these with no problems, but I just
can't figure out how to add them to the existing file as a new
worksheet. I want one Workbook with each stock on its own Worksheet.

--
jimbob
jimbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29107
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488283