-   -   How do I stop Excel from changing the word true to TRUE? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/57016-how-do-i-stop-excel-changing-word-true-true.html)

Schmyerlou

How do I stop Excel from changing the word true to TRUE?

I am typing names and addresses into an Excel spreadsheet. I have one person
whose first name is True. When I type it into the cell, it converts it to
TRUE. I know this is a function/formula, but how do I stop it from doing
that?

Ron Coderre

How do I stop Excel from changing the word true to TRUE?

Try this:
Either put an apostrophe before the name: 'True
Or
FormatCellsNumber
Category: TEXT

Does that help?