Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
abi

Default Hi I'm New and need help with Excel Basics

Please can anyone help me answer any of these questions:

How would you add the contents of the cells from A1 to A10. Give 2 ways
to do this. (hint: Look up "Examples of common formulas" in Excel
help

How do you format a cell to have dollar signs next to the numbers?

How do you add the contents of cells A1 through A10 on sheet 1 and make
the answer show up on sheet 2?

How do you rename a sheet?

Can I delete the sheets that I don't need? If so how?

How do I freeze rows or columns of the sheet so that they don't'
move when you scroll up or down? Example: My name is in Column A, when
I scroll right my mane stays on the screen and column B moves behind A

How do you add up all the contents of column D and make the answer show
up in column C?

Thanks in advance!
abi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dino

Check out the book on Excel 2003 at www.thepeachtreelady.com. It is written
for the beginner!

Dino

"abi" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
abi

Thanks, I'll check it out in a bit...
But right now I'm doing a test and need these answers. Also I don't
have access to Excel to actually go on and check for my self. Any help
will be greatly appricated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
abi

Thanks Tim!

I need the answers today, I'm doing a test. Yes i know i'm cheating

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

How would you add the contents of the cells from A1 to A10.

=SUM(A1:A10)
or
=A1+A2+A3+A4+A5+A6+A7+A8+A9+A10

How do you format a cell to have dollar signs next to the
numbers?

Click the currency button on the formatting tool bar or use a
custom number format of $#,##0.00

How do you add the contents of cells A1 through A10 on sheet 1
and make
the answer show up on sheet 2?

=SUM('Sheet1'!A1:A10)

How do you rename a sheet?

Right click the sheet tab and choose Rename

How do I freeze rows or columns of the sheet so that they
don't'
move when you scroll up or down? Example: My name is in Column
A, when
I scroll right my mane stays on the screen and column B moves
behind A

Select cell B1 and choose Freeze Panes from the Window menu.

How do you add up all the contents of column D and make the
answer show
up in column C?

=SUM(D:D)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"abi" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim

"abi" wrote:

Please can anyone help me answer any of these questions:

How would you add the contents of the cells from A1 to A10. Give 2 ways
to do this. (hint: Look up "Examples of common formulas" in Excel
help

Use the auto sum function in cell A11 and it will do the additons

Also input the equals sign into cell a11 and thenuse your mose pointer to
drag over the contents of cells a10 through a1. Then press enter.

How do you format a cell to have dollar signs next to the numbers?

Righ click the cell you want formatting. A menu will appear and then click
on "format cells". Select currency and then select dollars. You can also
choose the number of decimal places you want to show. The default setting is
2.

How do you add the contents of cells A1 through A10 on sheet 1 and make
the answer show up on sheet 2?

In sheet 2 select a cell and put the equals sign in there. Then flick to sheet 1 and select the cellsyou want to add punctuated by the addition sign. When finished press enter

How do you rename a sheet?

Double click the sheet name e.g. sheet 1 and then just rename it and press enter

Can I delete the sheets that I don't need? If so how?

Yes. Right click a sheet and choose delete

How do I freeze rows or columns of the sheet so that they don't'
move when you scroll up or down? Example: My name is in Column A, when
I scroll right my mane stays on the screen and column B moves behind A

Go to "window" at the top of the screen and choose "Freeze panes". The active cell must be in a position where you wish to display the data. Play around with this
Must dash now. I'm going out for a meal I'll answer the rest of your questions when I come back if it's still of any use to you
How do you add up all the contents of column D and make the answer show
up in column C?

Thanks in advance!
abi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
abi

Tahkyou soooooooooooo much ... thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
abi

Thanks Tim! U have been a great help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc