Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jeffery Tyree

Default Cell locking trouble

I have a spreadsheet that needs to be "locked down" but it is a questionaire
styled sheet. Most of the questions on this sheet use radio button or check
box selection and must be accessible by the user but there are also cells
containing formulas which must be hidden/locked.

I am able to specify the specific cells containing formulas as locked or
unlocked, turn on protection with a password and access to those cells
functions correctly. However, although I have individually selected each
radio button and check box component and 'unlocked' them, when I turn on
protection I get the following error when attempting to select them:

"The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefor
read-only. To modify, blah blah blah..."

I have attempted all combinations of "Select locked & unlocked" options on
the Protect Sheet page but all return the same results when attempting to
use the radio button and check box components.

Any ideas?

TIA,
-Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveG

Jeff,

If the radio buttons or checkboxes are linked to a cell, the linked
cell needs to be unlocked.

Cheers,

Steve

--