Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DORI

Default saving the spreed sheet by clicking on a cell?

I have made an Excel spreed sheet for my students that they need to fill out
with some data. They also enter their ID number in a specific cell. I want to
create a cell (let call it "Save" button) so that when the students click on
it, it automatically save the file with their ID number which was entered in
the specific cell in my directory.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Dori
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

You can simply click on the "Save" icon on the Standard toolbar (if you
display that toolbar). It looks like a floppy disk.

Biff

"DORI" wrote in message
I have made an Excel spreed sheet for my students that they need to fill
out
with some data. They also enter their ID number in a specific cell. I want
create a cell (let call it "Save" button) so that when the students click
on
it, it automatically save the file with their ID number which was entered
in
the specific cell in my directory.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Dori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

If I've read it correctly, perhaps one close fit to what you're after can be
found at this googled post:
http://tinyurl.com/83hlk
which contains a complete macro by Ed Millis
(needs to be slightly adapted to suit ..)

Hang around awhile for insights from others versed in vba ..
--
Rgds
Max
"DORI" wrote in message
I have made an Excel spreed sheet for my students that they need to fill

out
with some data. They also enter their ID number in a specific cell. I want

create a cell (let call it "Save" button) so that when the students click

on
it, it automatically save the file with their ID number which was entered

in
the specific cell in my directory.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Dori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DORI

we want to click on one of the cells to automatically pick up the ID number
(which is entered by barcoder in another cell) and save it in a specific
directory to prevent any mistake in typing as the ID is a long number.
DORI

"DORI" wrote in message
I have made an Excel spreed sheet for my students that they need to fill
out
with some data. They also enter their ID number in a specific cell. I want
create a cell (let call it "Save" button) so that when the students click
on
it, it automatically save the file with their ID number which was entered
in
the specific cell in my directory.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Dori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Try the link provided in the other response
(think you just missed it !)
--
Rgds
Max