Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
custer

Default i have two windows xp running on my pc and seem to con flict with

i seem to have two xp programs running on my pc . ive no idea how its
happened but my pc is running hay wire as it tells me i can t do can t do
that as another pc is using it. i would appreciate any help or advice you
could give me. as to solving this problem.many thanks from one idiot pc user .
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
swatsp0p

You are probably not an 'idiot pc user', but rather you may be trying to
open a file on a network drive that another user already has open.
(hence the message that the file is "in use") Is this a possibility?
You should have an option to open it as "read only", to be notified
when the file is closed by the other user or to simply cancel the file
open operation (try again later).

Good Luck.

Bruce

--