Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bugaglugs

Default Compare two lists of data to find new entries

I currently run a daily report from a CRM database to monitor my sales teams
activities with customers. Each activity has a 'unique' reference.
My aim is to compare the report (which is in excel) from one day with the
new report to show the new 'activities'.
In simple terms I want to say if activity 'x' is in the new list the show
the information from that row on a new worksheet so I can see at a glance the
new activities.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

How about an alternative?

Insert a new column near that unique reference (say column B is inserted and
column A is the unique reference).

Then in B2 (Row 1 has headers???), put this formula:

=isnumber(match(a2,sheet2!a:a,0))

and drag down.

You'll end up with True's if there's a matching reference and False for no
match.

Then apply data|filter|autofilter to that range--you can show the True/False as
you please.

--

Dave Peterson