Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zo

Default How do I set up an automatic delete or move of a row of data?

I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects. I want to move
the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to
"complete".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rowan Drummond

You need to provide more information. For example, how do you change the
status to complete and where do you want to move the data to?

Regards
Rowan

"Zo" wrote:

I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects. I want to move
the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to
"complete".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zo

I have a list that identifies the "status" of the project (i.e. "incomplete,
"in progress," etc.). When the status is changed to "complete", I want that
row to go away.

"Zo" wrote:

I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects. I want to move
the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to
"complete".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rowan Drummond

You could use a change event similar to this. SAVE your data before
testing this. Rows will be deleted with no way to retrieve them!

If Target.Count = 1 Then
If Target.Value = "Complete" And _
Target.Column = 1 Then 'change column as required
Target.EntireRow.Delete

This is worksheet event code. Right click the sheet tab, select view
code and paste the event in there. This assumes you list is in column A.
If not change Target.Column = 1 to the correct column.

Regards
Rowan

"Zo" wrote:

I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects. I want to move
the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to
"complete".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zo

This thread did not change anything...