Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PW

Default How do I stop my Pivot tables from spelling out (blank)?

Whenever I have blank cells in the source data for my pivot tables in Excel,
instead of the table returning a blank value, it spells out "(blank)". Is
there any way to return a blank value, other than through changing all of the
blank cells in the source data to " "?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

How about just changing the (blank) to a space bar--just type a space bar right
in that cell in the pivottable itself.

Debra Dalgleish has a pivottable addin that does this and lots mo
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PW

Dave,
Thank you for the reply- however I use one data source for several different
tables, and there are several fields that contain blanks. I think changing
the original source is probably the best solution. In the meantime, I took
your advice and wrote up a quick macro to find and replace the text-

Contextures is a very helpful site. Thank you and best regards,
PW

PW wrote:

Whenever I have blank cells in the source data for my pivot tables in Excel,
instead of the table returning a blank value, it spells out "(blank)". Is
there any way to return a blank value, other than through changing all of the
blank cells in the source data to " "?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

When I want cell to look empty, I use =""

I can still check for: =if(a1="",...) and it's easier to notice in the formula
bar than " ".