-   -   How to sort rows by Colors (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/56217-how-sort-rows-colors.html)

Sheikh Saadi

How to sort rows by Colors

hi there,

can anybody help me out to sort the rows by Colors. like I have two colored
rows Light Green and Light Yellow and some are without colors. how do i sort
them that same colors come with eachother?
--
Sheikh Saadi

Paul B

How to sort rows by Colors

Sheikh, this is not a buit in function in excel, will be in the next
version, have a look here for a way to do it

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Sheikh Saadi" wrote in message
hi there,

can anybody help me out to sort the rows by Colors. like I have two

colored
rows Light Green and Light Yellow and some are without colors. how do i

sort
them that same colors come with eachother?
--
Sheikh Saadi

Bob Phillips

How to sort rows by Colors

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....r.html#sorting

--

HTH

RP

"Sheikh Saadi" wrote in message
hi there,

can anybody help me out to sort the rows by Colors. like I have two

colored
rows Light Green and Light Yellow and some are without colors. how do i

sort
them that same colors come with eachother?
--
Sheikh Saadi

Sheikh Saadi

How to sort rows by Colors

Hi Paul,
could you please tell me where should I need to write those functions as I
am totaly new to VBA programming. or if you could then send me a sample file
in working condition at

I will be very greatfull to you.
--
Sheikh Saadi

"Paul B" wrote:

Sheikh, this is not a buit in function in excel, will be in the next
version, have a look here for a way to do it

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Sheikh Saadi" wrote in message
hi there,

can anybody help me out to sort the rows by Colors. like I have two

colored
rows Light Green and Light Yellow and some are without colors. how do i

sort
them that same colors come with eachother?
--
Sheikh Saadi

Paul B

How to sort rows by Colors

Sheikh, sent you a file to look at

--

"Paul B" wrote:

Sheikh, this is not a buit in function in excel, will be in the next
version, have a look here for a way to do it

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Sheikh Saadi" wrote in message
hi there,

can anybody help me out to sort the rows by Colors. like I have two

colored
rows Light Green and Light Yellow and some are without colors. how do

sort
them that same colors come with eachother?
--
Sheikh Saadi

David McRitchie

How to sort rows by Colors

Even though you received a working file you may still want to have a look at

Some additional examples using Chip's user defined functions or on color in general
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm
---
HTH,