Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
P. Zicari

Default leading zeros

I am creating a column of passwords some of which need to begin with a zero.
When I move to a new cell it automatically drops the initial zero and is
making my 4 digit password 3 numbers. Is tehre a way to keep it set as a
number not text and still elt it hold the inital 0? I am using Excel 2002.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
P. Zicari

thanks. that worked.

"Sloth" wrote:

use a custom number format of 0000

"P. Zicari" wrote:

I am creating a column of passwords some of which need to begin with a zero.
When I move to a new cell it automatically drops the initial zero and is
making my 4 digit password 3 numbers. Is tehre a way to keep it set as a
number not text and still elt it hold the inital 0? I am using Excel 2002.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

Don't use zeroes as the first character in your password? Okay, just
kidding. Enter a ' before the number or first select the column and format
as text. If they're all 4-digit, you could Format--Cells--Number tab,
choose custom and put 0000 in the box.
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com