Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr Curious

Default pivot table mutliple choice in page section

Normally in page (filter) section I can choose only one or all items, but it
would be very useful to choose a few items at once.

Is it somehow possible?

Cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

In the dropdown selector, select Custom, and set your options.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486188

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr Curious

Thanks, but there is no Custom option in pivot table filter section (or I
can't see it).
You probably meant a normal filter on row data.

Cheers.

Użytkownik "Bryan Hessey"
napisał w
wiadomości news:Bryan.Hessey.1yoz2y_1132316101.5611@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Mr Curious Wrote:
Normally in page (filter) section I can choose only one or all items,
but it
would be very useful to choose a few items at once.

Is it somehow possible?

Cheers.

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486188

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Correct, I withdrew the comment when I correctly re-read your question,
. . but obviously not soon enough.

Mr Curious Wrote:
Normally in page (filter) section I can choose only one or all

items,
but it
would be very useful to choose a few items at once.

Is it somehow possible?

Cheers.

--
Bryan Hessey

Bryan Hessey's Profile:
View this thread:

Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486188

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Double-click the page field button
In the Hide items list, select the items that you want to hide
Click OK

The page field dropdown will say (Multiple items)

Mr Curious wrote:
Normally in page (filter) section I can choose only one or all items, but it
would be very useful to choose a few items at once.

Is it somehow possible?

Cheers.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr Curious

It is indead some solution - thank you.
If you want to change frequently values on a list which is pretty numerous
this solution is not user friendly.

Cheers.

Uzytkownik "Debra Dalgleish" napisal w wiadomosci

Mr Curious wrote:
Normally in page (filter) section I can choose only one or all items, but
it
would be very useful to choose a few items at once.

Is it somehow possible?

Cheers.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

It may be easier to drag the page field to the row area, and use the
check boxes in the dropdown list, to show or hide the items.
Then, move the field back to the page area.

Mr Curious wrote:

Normally in page (filter) section I can choose only one or all items, but
it
would be very useful to choose a few items at once.

Is it somehow possible?

Cheers.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr Curious

You're right- thanks again.
I am just wondering why this optiion is available in the row/column area and
is not available in the page area.