Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flow23

Default currentregion

I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and pasting in new sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the last row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Dim rng As Range

ActiveSheet.Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy
With Worksheets("Sheet2")
.Activate
.Range("A1").Select
.Paste
Set rng = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
rng.Cells(1, 1).EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 38
rng(rng.Count).EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 38
End With

--

HTH

RP

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and pasting in new

sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the last row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flow23

thanks
it works

but it colours the entire row (first and last)

and not just the selection

helps

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and pasting in new

sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the last row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Dim rng As Range
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy
With Worksheets("Sheet2")
.Activate
.Range("A1").Select
.Paste
Set rng = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
rng.Cells(1, 1).resize(1,rng.columns.count).Interior.ColorIndex = 38
rng(rng.Count).EntireRow.resize(1,rng.columns.coun t) _
.Interior.ColorIndex = 38
End With

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and pasting in new

sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the last row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flow23

thanks

But when I paste it in the new sheet at "C20"

It highlights the first row correctly.. but the last row highlight starts
with A20 instead of C20

Also can I add a condition...

If column A... contains word "total".. highlight that enire row?

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and pasting in new
sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the last row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

How about this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim rng As Range
Dim DestCell As Range

With Worksheets("sheet1")
Set rng = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
End With

With Worksheets("sheet2")
Set DestCell = .Range("C20")
End With

rng.Copy _
Destination:=DestCell

DestCell.Resize(1, rng.Columns.Count).Interior.ColorIndex = 38
DestCell.Offset(rng.Rows.Count - 1, 0).Resize(1, rng.Columns.Count) _
.Interior.ColorIndex = 38

End Sub

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and pasting in new
sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the last row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flow23

Many thanks it works perfect

Also can we add another conidition to it

IF cell a of the current region contains "Total".. highlight the enitre row?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim rng As Range
Dim DestCell As Range

With Worksheets("sheet1")

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and pasting in new
sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the last row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Tack this on at the end

Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In DestCell.CurrentRegion
If cell.Value = "Total" Then
cell.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 38
End If
Next cell

--

HTH

RP

"flow23" wrote in message
Many thanks it works perfect

Also can we add another conidition to it

IF cell a of the current region contains "Total".. highlight the enitre

row?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim rng As Range
Dim DestCell As Range

With Worksheets("sheet1")
Set rng = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
End With

With Worksheets("sheet2")
Set DestCell = .Range("C20")
End With

rng.Copy _
Destination:=DestCell

DestCell.Resize(1, rng.Columns.Count).Interior.ColorIndex = 38
DestCell.Offset(rng.Rows.Count - 1, 0).Resize(1, rng.Columns.Count)

_
.Interior.ColorIndex = 38

End Sub

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and

pasting in new
sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the last

row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flow23

Thanks

a small glitch though

The cell contains not only the work Total but maybe "aa45 Total" or various
other options

Can we use wild character?

"flow23" wrote in message
Many thanks it works perfect

Also can we add another conidition to it

IF cell a of the current region contains "Total".. highlight the enitre

row?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim rng As Range
Dim DestCell As Range

With Worksheets("sheet1")

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and

pasting in new
sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the last

row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In DestCell.CurrentRegion
If cell.Value Like "*Total*" Then

"flow23" wrote in message
Many thanks it works perfect

Also can we add another conidition to it

IF cell a of the current region contains "Total".. highlight the

enitre
row?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim rng As Range
Dim DestCell As Range

With Worksheets("sheet1")

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and

pasting in new
sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the

last
row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flow23

thanks it works now
but it still highlights from column A.. where as the currentregions tstarts
from column c

"flow23" wrote in message
Many thanks it works perfect

Also can we add another conidition to it

IF cell a of the current region contains "Total".. highlight the

enitre
row?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim rng As Range
Dim DestCell As Range

With Worksheets("sheet1")

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and
pasting in new
sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the

last
row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim rng As Range
Dim DestCell As Range
Dim cell As Range

With Worksheets("sheet1")
Set rng = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
End With

With Worksheets("sheet2")
Set DestCell = .Range("C20")
End With

rng.Copy _
Destination:=DestCell

DestCell.Resize(1, rng.Columns.Count).Interior.ColorIndex = 38
DestCell.Offset(rng.Rows.Count - 1, 0).Resize(1, rng.Columns.Count) _
.Interior.ColorIndex = 38

For Each cell In DestCell.CurrentRegion
If LCase(cell.Value) Like LCase("*Total*") Then
Intersect(DestCell.CurrentRegion, cell.EntireRow) _
.Interior.ColorIndex = 38
End If
Next cell

End Sub

"flow23" wrote in message
Many thanks it works perfect

Also can we add another conidition to it

IF cell a of the current region contains "Total".. highlight the

enitre
row?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim rng As Range
Dim DestCell As Range

With Worksheets("sheet1")

"flow23" wrote in message
I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1) and
pasting in new
sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and the

last
row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

You asked for the entirerow!

--

HTH

RP

"flow23" wrote in message
Many thanks it works perfect

Also can we add another conidition to it

IF cell a of the current region contains "Total".. highlight the

enitre
row?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim rng As Range
Dim DestCell As Range

With Worksheets("sheet1")

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Dim rng As Range

ActiveSheet.Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy
With Worksheets("Sheet2")
.Activate
.Range("A1").Select
.Paste
Set rng = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
rng.Cells(1, 1).EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex =

38
rng(rng.Count).EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex =

38
End With

--

HTH

RP
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing

direct)

"flow23" wrote in

message

I want a macro..
that will select a currentregion (starting from A1)

and
pasting in new
sheet

but after pasting.. I want to color the first row and

the
last
row.

The number of row varies..

How canI do it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

multiple times
<vvbg

Bob Phillips wrote:

You asked for the entirerow!

--

HTH

RP

"flow23" wrote in message
Many thanks it works perfect

Also can we add another conidition to it

IF cell a of the current region contains "Total".. highlight the
enitre
row?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about this: