Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
abd08

Default simple question

Hi there,

Am trying to learn how to really use Excel, and have not managed to
figure out how to do the following (in theory as well!). The posts I
could find relate to "standard system shortcuts/menus/buttons", but if
this is repeating something, please accept my apologies.

We need to create a button which when clicked does the same thing as:

click on "Vision" then "logon" - this is a 3rd party application that
integrates with Excel.

Am not sure how to do this bit... does every menu option have some sort
of "ID No"? Is this particularly difficult to do? If there are any
tips, or even a website that you can personally recommend, please let
me know.

Thanks

Rajiv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

You need to do this in several steps:

1. make sure your external app is added-in
2. turn on the macro recorder
3. push "Vision" and "Logon"
4. stop the macro recorder

You now will have a little macro that runs Vision and Logon

Using controls or forms, create the button and associate the macro with the
button
--
Gary's Student

"abd08" wrote:

Hi there,

Am trying to learn how to really use Excel, and have not managed to
figure out how to do the following (in theory as well!). The posts I
could find relate to "standard system shortcuts/menus/buttons", but if
this is repeating something, please accept my apologies.

We need to create a button which when clicked does the same thing as:

click on "Vision" then "logon" - this is a 3rd party application that
integrates with Excel.

Am not sure how to do this bit... does every menu option have some sort
of "ID No"? Is this particularly difficult to do? If there are any
tips, or even a website that you can personally recommend, please let
me know.

Thanks

Rajiv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
abd08

Have tried this and could not get it to work..... what do you mean by
"added in"? I find that I turn on the recorder, push "Vision" then
"Logon" on the menu. However, a screen pops up which I have to close in
order to be able to turn off the macro recorder. Stopping and then
viewing the contents, the macro is basically blank!!!

Sorry.. am being silly.... could you be a little more clear?

Thanks
Rajiv