Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
steven

Default sum between workbooks

Hello,

I'd like your help in the following. I have several workbooks with 13 sheets
each (monthes Jan-Dec and 1 that totals the 12). Every worksheet in all the
workbooks is exactly the same. (cells in sheets do contain functions, some
are blank and some contain column/row headings).

I want to create a 13 sheet workbook which sums all the others month by
month and sumes the 13th sheet with the totals.

Is there a way to do this? functions or code does anyone have a solution?

Thank you,

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Steven,

I don't think you can sum across workbooks in the way that you can with
columns/rows and worksheets, as Excel does not know anything about what
workbooks would be constituted between the first and last. As such, I think
you would have to have a separate cell for each workbook that picks up the
amount, and sum those cells.

One way might be to hold a table of workbooks on another sheet, and
reference those in your formulae. That way you should be able to add others
without (many) changes.

--

HTH

RP

"steven" wrote in message
Hello,

I'd like your help in the following. I have several workbooks with 13

sheets
each (monthes Jan-Dec and 1 that totals the 12). Every worksheet in all

the
workbooks is exactly the same. (cells in sheets do contain functions, some
are blank and some contain column/row headings).

I want to create a 13 sheet workbook which sums all the others month by
month and sumes the 13th sheet with the totals.

Is there a way to do this? functions or code does anyone have a solution?

Thank you,

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
topola

I would create a formula that covers all sheets and switch some of them
on/off. This is =sum(SH1!A1*TRIG1+SH2!A1*TRIG2...)
Now you need to add a table of workbooks SH1, SH2... with accompanying
triggers TRIG1, TRIG2... to have a full control over your formulas.
I have been using this solution for a couple of years, moreover you can
apply additional parameters e.g. change currencies...
--
HTH
Tomek Polak, http://vba.blog.onet.pl