Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KyWilde

Default Worksheet Links

I would like to copy a worksheet in one workbook with all the formulas,
formatting, etc. into another workbook that contains the same worksheets with
the same names. When I do this it puts the old workbooks name in front of
every link in the new pasted worksheet in the new workbook. I am trying to
avoid this inserted workbook claim and instead keep it as just the original
formula as if it were still in the original workbook. Is this possible?

Ex.
WorkbookA
Worksheet1: contains formula in C1 = Worksheet2!N2

I then copy Worksheet1 and paste it into WorkbookB under a sheet titled
Worksheet1. WorkbookB has a sheet titled Worksheet2 as well. When I do this
I see in C1 of WorkbookB.Worksheet1 = [WorkbookA.xls]Worksheet2!N2

How can I get each cell with a linked formula to another worksheet to omit
the [WorkbookA.xls] initially and only have C1 = Worksheet2!N2???

Please HELP!!!

THANKS!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

One method......kludgy but effective.

In source workbook.......

EditReplace

What: =
With: xxx

Replace all.

Copy to target workbook.

EditReplace

What: xxx
With: =

Replace all.

Close source book without saving or reverse the EditReplace in that book.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP