Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
heater

Default Add one Month in the next cell for several months/years

I want to add a month in the next cell over for several years. EX: In cell
A1 is Dec 2005. In cell B1 I want Jan 2006 and so on for several
months/years. When you put in a formula of =A1+31, eventually it will put in
the wrong month. I assume because of Leap Year.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

In A1, enter 01/12/2005
In B1, enter date(year(A1),month(A1)+1,1) and copy across

--

HTH

RP

"heater" wrote in message
I want to add a month in the next cell over for several years. EX: In

cell
A1 is Dec 2005. In cell B1 I want Jan 2006 and so on for several
months/years. When you put in a formula of =A1+31, eventually it will put

in
the wrong month. I assume because of Leap Year.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

You should use the DATE() function:

if a date is is A1, then in B1 put:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)) and just continue
--
Gary's Student

"heater" wrote:

I want to add a month in the next cell over for several years. EX: In cell
A1 is Dec 2005. In cell B1 I want Jan 2006 and so on for several
months/years. When you put in a formula of =A1+31, eventually it will put in
the wrong month. I assume because of Leap Year.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

Add a month instead of a fixed number of days:
=date(year(a1),month(a1)+1,1). (Note that I'm forcing the date in each month
to be the first; if your starting date is greater than the 28th of the
month, adding a month could eventually cause issues).