Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rock

Default How to find/replace data in column

Hi,

In Excel I have a column of 0's as text and I want to change the whole
column to 1 but still as text.

How can I do this?

I tried a find/replace, but the 1 was entered as a number not as text.

Thanks
Rock

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pameluh

After you change them to 1's highlight the cells | Format | Cell | Number tab

"Rock" wrote:

Hi,

In Excel I have a column of 0's as text and I want to change the whole
column to 1 but still as text.

How can I do this?

I tried a find/replace, but the 1 was entered as a number not as text.

Thanks
Rock

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

That won't actually change the values to text. Changing the format won't affect
the values.