Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
blkturbo

Default please help...anybody!

i am new to excel and i really need help. i am trying to compile a table
where i list all the different options a client has to choose from. example,
client 01 can choose from 3 types of wood flooring, and they are listed as
WF01, WF02, WF03. they can choose from 3 types of stone, ST01, ST02, and
ST03...ect. the list is huge and the options are endless.

i have been using pivot charts to tell me how many of a particular finish
has been choosen, and to list all the choices by a particular client. the
problem is that i want to somehow reference what WF01, WF02, etc... are. is
there a way to define that ST01 is a "limestone" and that WF01 is a "maple",
in other words can i use a "code" and somehow define it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

It's really not clear what you want to do. Have you considered the standard
lookup table? Column 1 would be your codes and column 2 your descriptions.
Then you can use VLOOKUP in a formula to return the description of a given
code.

--
Jim
"blkturbo" wrote in message
|i am new to excel and i really need help. i am trying to compile a table
| where i list all the different options a client has to choose from.
example,
| client 01 can choose from 3 types of wood flooring, and they are listed as
| WF01, WF02, WF03. they can choose from 3 types of stone, ST01, ST02, and
| ST03...ect. the list is huge and the options are endless.
|
| i have been using pivot charts to tell me how many of a particular finish
| has been choosen, and to list all the choices by a particular client. the
| problem is that i want to somehow reference what WF01, WF02, etc... are.
is
| there a way to define that ST01 is a "limestone" and that WF01 is a
"maple",
| in other words can i use a "code" and somehow define it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Hello,
I did a userform for a company similar to yours, several years ago. They had
wood, stones, pebbles, different brand names, sizes colours etc. I cannot
tell you who it was for but I used Listboxes and comboboxes on a userform,
also about 25 buttons. when you press a button eg: Pebbles, the listboxes are
filled with the data based on the Pebbles page.
When you click the Accept button, the selected items and quantity and prices
are listed into the Quote sheet, ready for the next selection or Print.

I could set something similar for you but you have to send me the good
stuff. Prices are not important.

It will take a bit of time to setup.

You can check out my stuff at:
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

Any data received is not shared with any person or persons, either living or
presumed dead.

- -Mark