windsong

Default Excel 2003 - Replicating Formula in Column

How do you replicate a formula down a cell when you only want the formula on
every other row?
Duke Carey

Insert a helper column adjacent to the column where you want the copied
formula to be. In the first cell in the helper column type a 1. In the next
cell down put a 2. Copy those cells and paste them clear to the bottom of
your range.

Now use Data-Filter-Autofilter on that column and select 1 or 2, depending
on which rows you want to have hold the formula. Now copy your formula and
select all the cells in the column where you want to paste. Before pasting,
though, use Edit-Goto-Special and then select Visible Cells Only.

Now paste your formula, then go back to Data-Filter- and uncheck
Autofilter to display all the rows

"windsong" wrote:

How do you replicate a formula down a cell when you only want the formula on
every other row?

windsong

This worked beautifully! Thank you!

Now that I have done the Jan and Feb worksheets, I need to copy the Feb
worksheet to make worksheets for the remaining ten months. I assume I just
update the first formula for each additional worksheet and replicate in the
same way. Is that right?

"windsong" wrote:

How do you replicate a formula down a cell when you only want the formula on
every other row?

RagDyer

You could try entering your formula in, say A1.
Then select A1 *and* A2.
Click on the fill handle of that 2 cell selection, and drag down to copy as
needed.

Quick and simple!
--
HTH,