newtovba

Default Using "contains" or "part" in VBA for Wksheets

Hi. I am new to VBA and trying to write a code for an excel document. In
it, i have a functioning code however ti is tied to a worksheet name with a
with and find procedure. I'd like to adjust the code so it would have a
contains (if that exists) rather than a constant worksheet name. ie. today
it is "Sheet1" but I would also like it to work for "Sheet1 (2)" without
readjusting.

Any thoughts!!??
Thanks.
Dave Peterson

for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets
if lcase(wks.name) like lcase("sheet1*") then
'do your stuff
else
'don't do it
end if
next wks

You may want to look at InStr in VBA's help, too.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I should have included:

dim wks as worksheet

at the top of the code.

I wanted to use a variable that could represent a worksheet so that I could loop
through all the worksheets.

Sorry,