-   -   Add a comma at the end of a word in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/54844-add-comma-end-word-cell.html)

Angela

Add a comma at the end of a word in a cell

I have cities in a column and I would like to add a comma at the end inside
the cell. how do I do that?

Gary''s Student

Add a comma at the end of a word in a cell

Say your cities are in column A. In a helper column, enter =A1 & "," and
copy down. Then copy the helper column and paste/special value back into
your original column.
--
Gary's Student

"Angela" wrote:

I have cities in a column and I would like to add a comma at the end inside
the cell. how do I do that?

PCLIVE

Add a comma at the end of a word in a cell

I'm assuming you want a formula for this.
With the city in A1:

=A1 & ", "

The formula above also includes a space after the comma with assumption that
you will be adding the state. If your state is in B1, then the formula
would be as follows.
=A1 & ", " & B1

And with the zip code in C1:
=A1 & ", " & B1 & " " & C1

Regards,
Paul

"Angela" wrote in message
I have cities in a column and I would like to add a comma at the end inside
the cell. how do I do that?

Angela

Add a comma at the end of a word in a cell

That worked great! Thanks so much Gary!