AC puzzled

Default Can't format cells

No protection is on.
when i select one cell OR a group of cells, will not let me go into
Format/Cells through the menu. I can use the format buttons on the toolbar,
but need to go into the menu.
Thanks
AC puzzled

It is one worksheet, the only one used in this workbook. Ctrl-1 does not
work, nor does the context sens menu, but the toolbar buttons do.
AC

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Is it a particular worksheet/workbook or all of them? Does the shortcut
Ctrl-1 work?

--
Jim
"AC puzzled" <AC wrote in message
| No protection is on.
| when i select one cell OR a group of cells, will not let me go into
| Format/Cells through the menu. I can use the format buttons on the
toolbar,
| but need to go into the menu.
| Thanks

Dave Peterson

The only time I've seen this problem was when the workbook was created with
another program--I had trouble with both Lotus 123 and Crystal Reports.

If you select a cell a far distances away, can you right click and get to the
dialog you want.

I could select my range plus some neighboring cells, get to the formatting
dialog, change the format. Then select those "sacrificial" cells and change the
format back.

One way around it was to create a new worksheet (in a new workbook???) and copy
everything there (if I recall correctly--it's been a long time.)