adodson

Default Coding help request (I think?)

Ok... first I would like to say thank you to anybody who attempts an answer
for this... I really appreciate any ideas.

What I would like to do is to have a workbook with a worksheet that pulls
from specific cells on other worksheets. The kicker is that other worksheets
are added as they are turned in so they are not in there at the beginning.

I'm guessing this (if at all possible) would have to be done with code...
any ideas?

Once again, it's a very simple go to other spreadsheets (I could probably
manipulate it if it looked at all) and pull a specific cell back to the first
worksheet. Would be helpful if it also ordered them by the first cell it
pulls back in.

Again, thanks for any assistance.
exceluserforeman

Hi,
I think a userform would be best suited.

A Combobox or listbox filled with the workbook names
A button to do the actions
an update button that checks for more files

See my stuff at:
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

You can send me the info if you want me to write it up.

- -mark

"adodson" wrote:

Ok... first I would like to say thank you to anybody who attempts an answer
for this... I really appreciate any ideas.

What I would like to do is to have a workbook with a worksheet that pulls
from specific cells on other worksheets. The kicker is that other worksheets
are added as they are turned in so they are not in there at the beginning.

I'm guessing this (if at all possible) would have to be done with code...
any ideas?

Once again, it's a very simple go to other spreadsheets (I could probably
manipulate it if it looked at all) and pull a specific cell back to the first
worksheet. Would be helpful if it also ordered them by the first cell it
pulls back in.

Again, thanks for any assistance.

adodson

I've reviewed your pages and have been unable to find what you have
referenced below. It may be items that are not collectively stated in one
category so I'm missing it. Could you please point me in the right direction?

However, looking at what I think you have suggested below, I think it is
important to mention that the worksheet titles may not necessarily always be
named the same thing.

If there is a way to pull specific cells from all of the other worksheets in
the workbook, or all the worksheets to right of the active worksheet, or
something similar... and then order them by one of the cells pulled, I would
be a happy duck. :) Even if they weren't ordered by the cells pulled, I
think I could be a happy duck, but that is preferred.

Thanks for your assistance!

Please let me know of any suggestions.

"exceluserforeman" wrote:

Hi,
I think a userform would be best suited.

A Combobox or listbox filled with the workbook names
A button to do the actions
an update button that checks for more files

See my stuff at:
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

You can send me the info if you want me to write it up.

- -mark

exceluserforeman

if thew cell address are all the same in any other workbook that is open then
maybe a workbook and sheet refence could do it. ....

Send me the workbook and all instructions, including what you may already
have stated. Cofidential information received is not shared with any person
or persons, living or presumed dead.

-- Mark

"exceluserforeman" wrote:

Hi,
I think a userform would be best suited.

A Combobox or listbox filled with the workbook names
A button to do the actions
an update button that checks for more files

See my stuff at:
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

You can send me the info if you want me to write it up.

- -mark

Rowan Drummond

One way. Assume you start with 3 sheets. Summary (or whatever your main
sheet with the caluclations is called), First and Last. In the Summary
sheet you can enter the formula:
=SUM(First:Last!$A$1)
This will sum the values in Cell A1 in the sheets First and Last. Now if
you add any other sheet to the workbook and place this sheet between
First and Last that sheets cell A1 will also be included in the result.

Hope this helps
Rowan

adodson wrote:
Ok... first I would like to say thank you to anybody who attempts an answer
for this... I really appreciate any ideas.

What I would like to do is to have a workbook with a worksheet that pulls
from specific cells on other worksheets. The kicker is that other worksheets
are added as they are turned in so they are not in there at the beginning.

I'm guessing this (if at all possible) would have to be done with code...
any ideas?

Once again, it's a very simple go to other spreadsheets (I could probably
manipulate it if it looked at all) and pull a specific cell back to the first
worksheet. Would be helpful if it also ordered them by the first cell it
pulls back in.

Again, thanks for any assistance.

exceluserforeman

I am impressed!
=SUM(First:Last!$A$1)

I did not think of that.

Four GOLD STARS to you!

adodson wrote:
Ok... first I would like to say thank you to anybody who attempts an answer
for this... I really appreciate any ideas.

What I would like to do is to have a workbook with a worksheet that pulls
from specific cells on other worksheets. The kicker is that other worksheets
are added as they are turned in so they are not in there at the beginning.

I'm guessing this (if at all possible) would have to be done with code...
any ideas?

Once again, it's a very simple go to other spreadsheets (I could probably
manipulate it if it looked at all) and pull a specific cell back to the first
worksheet. Would be helpful if it also ordered them by the first cell it
pulls back in.

Again, thanks for any assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
adodson

I think you're on to something, but it's not that I want to sum all of the
cells, only if a particular cell matches another.

For example:

=SUMIF(First:Last!D2,'Summary Raw Data'!A2,First:Last!D4)

The response I receive from this is "VALUE" and I suspect it's because sumif
doesn't work across separate worksheets?

adodson wrote:
Ok... first I would like to say thank you to anybody who attempts an answer
for this... I really appreciate any ideas.

What I would like to do is to have a workbook with a worksheet that pulls
from specific cells on other worksheets. The kicker is that other worksheets
are added as they are turned in so they are not in there at the beginning.

I'm guessing this (if at all possible) would have to be done with code...
any ideas?

Once again, it's a very simple go to other spreadsheets (I could probably
manipulate it if it looked at all) and pull a specific cell back to the first
worksheet. Would be helpful if it also ordered them by the first cell it
pulls back in.

Again, thanks for any assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Hello again,
I am interested in this project.

Can you email me with more details?

Are the sheets being added (by other users) while the workbook is still
opened?
How are they added? ie copied from "UserA" to this workbook?

Are they added to your workbook or to other workbooks or both?

Are the cells specific to each workbook or do they differ or change,
depending on the user?

Are the other workbooks opened?
And are they on your computer or a network?
Do you have access to the other computers and or network.?

Many, many questions ... The more details you give, the quicker the result.

Should you respond to this query, please allow a few days for a response.

- -Mark