monark

Default pivot table - cell locked

I have excel 2002. I use all the time pivot tables and I have the
problem that in the previous versions of excel I did not have..
Whenever I have a pivot table and I want to use the information that is
included in it, when I make a reference to one of the cells of the
pivot table, instead of getting just the value included in the cell and
for example the reference " =J2", what I get is something like the
following: " =+GETPIVOTDATA("a",$I$10,"a",1) ".
Therefore, for example, if I want to drag down that formula I always
have to unlock the cell (take out the "$" sign) and only then can I
drag the formula.

CAn anyone tell me how to do to get just the "=J2" instead of the "
=+GETPIVOTDATA("a",$I$10,"a",1) ".

Thanks & rgds

Debra Dalgleish

There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button
to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

monark

Dear Debra, Thanks a lot for your help. It worked perfectly!!.

Thanks & rgds