tkaplan

Default text field limit

I have a form where i have cells B9:I21 merged together. the alignment
is to wrap text and the format is a text field. all's fine until i
reach the third line of text. it is all displayed as #######. is there
a limit of text allowed in a text box???? how can i go around this?

i put in the following text but as soon as i put another space it
swiches to #'s.:

Q1: DEP RPTS WERE NOT ON FILE AND HAD TO BE PRINTED. ONCE PRINTED TWO
OUT OF 3 DID NOT AGREE B/C DIR TRANSPOSED AMT ON ONE AND DEP A PMT
ALMOST A MTH AFTER POSTED.
Q3B: INCORRECT AMTS POSTED TO FAMILIES PER CHK DETAIL AND APPLIED TO
INCORRECT DATES.
Q6:

Thanks in advance

--
tkaplan
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22987

Dave Peterson

Try formatting the cell as General.

When you use a number format of Text, excel will have trouble with strings
between 255 and 1024 characters.

tkaplan wrote:

[...]

tkaplan

thank you for your response Dave.

Do you know why it is that it has trouble after the 254?

--
tkaplan
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22987
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483472

RagDyeR

Wouldn't that simply be another generic insect name ,,, a bug!<g

RD