George

Default Dynamic Graph not updating itself...

Hi,

I've generated a (supposedly) dynamic graph using the OFFSET function to
define the data range. Whenever I add new values the range Name updates
(clicking on it highlights the correct range), however the graph that
displays this data doesn't update.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
George
George

Aha, that's the problem :-)

Thanks very much for the reply. Just another quickie if you can!

I've defined all the separate ranges as names now. I've defined my X axis
(for all graphs) as the Date column. Two things happened here...

Firstly when I included the header cell (containing "Date") in the range my
graph started with "Date" on the X axis - with no values for it.

Second, I removed the header cell from the named range and now the graph
starts at the correct date, but doesn't have any data for that particular
value.

I've checked the other named ranges and they still include all the relevant
data, it's just the graph that seems to think there's no data for that
particular date...

Any ideas? I should be able to pull the relavant pages out from my worksheet
and attach if you feel's it's necessary!

Thanks
George

"Don Guillett" wrote:

did you use
=nameofmyexcelworkbook.xls!myrange

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"George" wrote in message

I've generated a (supposedly) dynamic graph using the OFFSET function to
define the data range. Whenever I add new values the range Name updates
(clicking on it highlights the correct range), however the graph that
displays this data doesn't update.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
George

George

Actually to my second question on my previous reply, I've just noticed that
i've been including the header cell in all my data value ranges...just
knocked it out and it's all back to normal!!

Thanks for your reply :-)