PK

Default convert column worksheet to database

I have a worksheet containing the following columns; Article No., Article
Group, Article Description and 12 columns representing sales volume per month
(Jan to Dec). There are approximately 200 items thus 201 rows.

To able to create reports which interact with our accounting database I need
to convert the above into access database. Each record would therefore
contain Article No., Article Group, Article Description, month and respective
volume, thus approximately 12*200 records.

Could an excel/access guru advice me on how to do it!!

Gary L Brown

1) If the Access database is not created yet, create it, otherwise, open it.
1a) To create an Access database, when opening Access, choose the 'Blank
Access database' option and follow the wizard.
2) Link your Excel workbook/worksheet to the Access database.
2a) FileGet External DataLink Tables
2b) Under 'Files of Type', select 'Microsoft Excel (.xls)'
2c) Select your Excel workbook
2d) Select 'Link'
2e) Follow the Link Spreadsheet Wizard
3) Point your accounting software to this database.

HTH,

--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''Yes'''' button next to
''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".