mikeburg

Default Workbook & worksheet name formulas

Is there a formula that obtains the workbook name that I can put in cell
A1?

Also,

Is there a formula that obtains the worksheet name that I can put in
cell A2?

Thanks so very much. mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24581

Peo Sjoblom

Workbook need to be saved

=SUBSTITUTE(MID(CELL("filename",B1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",B1))+1,255),"]"&MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32),"")

for sheet

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32)

for path/name/sheet

=CELL("Filename",A1)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"mikeburg" wrote in
message ...

Is there a formula that obtains the workbook name that I can put in cell
A1?

Also,

Is there a formula that obtains the worksheet name that I can put in
cell A2?

Thanks so very much. mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482983

Gord Dibben

See Bob Phillips' site for this.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:20:14 -0600, mikeburg
wrote:

Is there a formula that obtains the workbook name that I can put in cell
A1?

Also,

Is there a formula that obtains the worksheet name that I can put in
cell A2?

Thanks so very much. mikeburg

mikeburg

Peo Sjoblom's vba works great!

One last request.

What formula would you recommend to show only the workbook name &
worksheet name in a cell (A3 or whatever) separated only by a hyphen -
. For example for a workbook named Payroll with a sheet named Rates:

Payroll-Rates

Thanks a million. mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24581
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482983

Peo Sjoblom

=formula1&" - "&formula2

where formula1 is the workbook name formula and formula 2 the worksheet name
formula

Peo Sjoblom

"mikeburg" wrote in
message ...