Lester Mosley

Default Help with series data

I am trying to create a sheet.. But In A1 i need to to look like this:

TOTE20000
TOTE20000
TOTE20000
TOTE20000
TOTE20001
TOTE20001
TOTE20001
TOTE20001

BUT i need to keep this series up to TOTE24999

Can anyone help me with a simple solution? It wont see the pattern with
TOTE infront but will with just the numbers, But when I do a Replace it
starts chunkign the numbers to decimals.

I appreciate any help!

Barb Reinhardt

I have to read between the lines a bit because I'm not really clear on what
you want.

Let's say you want to enter 20000 in the cell, but you want it to be
displayed as TOTE20000.

Enter 20000 and then FORMAT CELLS CUSTOM

Enter "TOTE"00000

"Lester Mosley" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to create a sheet.. But In A1 i need to to look like this:

TOTE20000
TOTE20000
TOTE20000
TOTE20000
TOTE20001
TOTE20001
TOTE20001
TOTE20001

BUT i need to keep this series up to TOTE24999

Can anyone help me with a simple solution? It wont see the pattern with
TOTE infront but will with just the numbers, But when I do a Replace it
starts chunkign the numbers to decimals.

I appreciate any help!

Lester Mosley

Thanks.. I did find another method from a co-worker..

A1 would have the root 20000, a2 would have =A1+.25 then b1 would
have ="TOTE"&int(a2)

It works.. have it drop off the decimal. copy/paste special.

a few extra steps but we got there.

Thanks for your help though

Ragdyer

How about a "one-shot" deal?