account via OfficeKB.com

Default excel

I am having a problem with a formula: It says to do under data, validation,
and in settings under allow choose custom then in the formula box, this is
where the problems i need a formula then determines that the value in cell
b10 is less than or equal to 150% of the value in b9. Please help i have
tried everything.
Roger Govier

Hi

Mark the range of cells to which you wish to apply data validation.
DataValidationfrom drop down choose Custom.
In the white pane type =B10<=B9*1.5
Choose Format and set Text colour or Cell Colour that you require.

Regards

Roger Govier

account via OfficeKB.com wrote:
I am having a problem with a formula: It says to do under data, validation,
and in settings under allow choose custom then in the formula box, this is
where the problems i need a formula then determines that the value in cell
b10 is less than or equal to 150% of the value in b9. Please help i have
tried everything.

Anne Troy

I think you'll find some excellent answers he
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/validation.htm
A big part of what will likely help you with your homework is a Google
search. In this case I used this exact search, including the quote marks:
"data validation" using a formula
and I quickly found Dave's reference.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"account via OfficeKB.com" <u15495@uwe wrote in message
I am having a problem with a formula: It says to do under data, validation,
and in settings under allow choose custom then in the formula box, this is
where the problems i need a formula then determines that the value in cell
b10 is less than or equal to 150% of the value in b9. Please help i have
tried everything.

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=AND(ISNUMBER(B9),B10<=B9*1.5)

Uncheck Ignore blank

Biff

I am having a problem with a formula: It says to do under data, validation,
and in settings under allow choose custom then in the formula box, this is
where the problems i need a formula then determines that the value in cell
b10 is less than or equal to 150% of the value in b9. Please help i have
tried everything.

account via OfficeKB.com

What is the symbol after b10 thank you
Biff wrote:
Hi!

Try this:

=AND(ISNUMBER(B9),B10<=B9*1.5)

Uncheck Ignore blank

Biff

I am having a problem with a formula: It says to do under data, validation,
and in settings under allow choose custom then in the formula box, this is
where the problems i need a formula then determines that the value in cell
b10 is less than or equal to 150% of the value in b9. Please help i have
tried everything.

Roger Govier

Hi

The symbol is the "less than" operator. It is achieved by holding down the
shift button and pressing the key for a comma ,