cliffhanger79

Default problems with? I don't know

Morning,

I use a worksheet at work, which works out all scrap, customer returns
and other stuff. The file has about 20 different tabs showing graphs
and various tables linked together. There is one sheet which shows its
months 'customer returns'. The footer on this page needed to be edited
as is shows information from 2003. (We copied and renamed this to
create this 2005 copy). I edited the header and footer with the
information needed and pressed ok. This is the wierd part; I then
looked at another tab within that document then went back to the tab
where I edited the information, I looked at the print preview button
and it showed the header and footer as it it hadn't been altered. I
have tried saving this after I edited the header and footer and it
still doesn't work.

I am getting very frustrated about this, if there is there anyone that
can help then reply back

Thanks

Cliffhanger79

--
cliffhanger79
cliffhanger79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28556

Dave Peterson

You may have a friendly macro trying to help out.

If you close excel and reopen in safe mode...

close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe
(hit enter)

File|open your workbook

And see if the change sticks.

If it does, then close excel and reopen normally.

Open your workbook
rightclick on the excel icon to the left of the File|edit|view|... options
select view code

You may have a workbook_beforeprint event that's trying to control what goes in
the headers/footers.

If you see stuff that you don't understand, it might be better to take the
workbook back to the developer and tell him or her about your situation.