dcoffman32

Default How can I get negative percentages with parentheses?

When a formula returns a negative percentage, the result is formatted as
"-49%". Is there any format in Excel 2002 that allows for it to be formatted
"(49%)"?
Dave Peterson

How about a custom format of:

_(0%_);(0%);_(0%_);@

The _( and _) just reserve room for the ( and ). Then the numbers line up
nicely.

positive;negative;0;text
is the order of that formatting string.

--

Dave Peterson
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:28:01 -0800, "dcoffman32"
wrote:

When a formula returns a negative percentage, the result is formatted as
"-49%". Is there any format in Excel 2002 that allows for it to be formatted
"(49%)"?

You can always use a custom format

Format/Cells/Number/Custom Type: 0.00%;(0.00%);0.00%

for example.

--ron

Dave Peterson

Select the cell (or range of cells)
format|cells|Number tab
select Custom and type in your favorite custom format in that little box to the
right.