johnnywyoming

Default Microsoft Business Planner - Cash Flow Template

Excel 2000, I want to use the cash flow template provided by Office small
business edition. The template available is only for one year. There is
another templete for two years but it is quarterly. I want to go back three
years by month to fill in known data so I can determine how our cash flows in
and out.
Casey

I don't have the small business edition, so I checked out the 12 month
cash flow template, which works with Excel versions starting with Excel
97 on the Microsoft website here.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...175121033.aspx

This version is a single worksheet, which you can make multiple copies
of in the same workbook, each one representing a single year. Then
adding a new blank worksheet to the workbook you could create an
overview of all four or five years worth of data. Here's how you do the
first parts.

To copy sheet:
With the template workbook open.
Go to the sheet tab at the bottom and right click the tab. From the
shortcut menu that appears choose "Move or Copy" Next check the option
"Create a Copy" and select (move to end). You now have an exact copy of
the original sheet, with the same name, but with a (2) added. You can do
this as many times as needed. Then you can rename each sheet something
like 2002, 2003...........

To Rename sheet
Go to the sheet tab at the bottom and right click the tab. From the
shortcut menu that appears choose "Rename". The tab itself will darken
and be ready for you to type a new name.

Once you get that far and you have entered your data post here with
more specific questions.

Hope this helps.

--
Casey