GOL

Default Deleting Parts of Cells

I have a list of information in a column. All the information has the format
of having numbers and letters then a / and more data. I only want to look at
the data to the left of the /. So, I would like the data to the right of the
/ deleted, including the /. For example, I need YYY9/5 to read YYY9. Any
suggestions?
ufo_pilot

You could bring it into Excel as a txt file
open the txt file in excel
Text Import Wizard will appear
select delimited
check other and type the "/" into the box
finish
you should have a separation where the / was.

"GOL" wrote:

I have a list of information in a column. All the information has the format
of having numbers and letters then a / and more data. I only want to look at
the data to the left of the /. So, I would like the data to the right of the
/ deleted, including the /. For example, I need YYY9/5 to read YYY9. Any
suggestions?

Michael

Hi GOL. Assuming your list starts in A2, you could enter the following
formula in B2 and copy down to match your list in Column A. When finished,
you might want to copy Column B and paste specialvalues over itself:
=LEFT(A2,SEARCH("/",A2,1)-1) HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin